Tuesday, March 2, 2010

John & Jen- Vail, CO Wedding- Sonnenalp Resort

John & Jen were married this past summer at the beautiful Sonnenalp Resort in Vail. As you can see, the skies were a bit ominous, but we had the perfect hole in the weather for the ceremony. We made sure not to push out luck and hurried through some images of the two of them in the Vail Village and got back to the resort just in the nick of time. The skies completely opened up just as we ducked into the covered walkway on the edge of the parking area! But I always tell my brides, since you can't control the weather, you might as well not waste energy stressing about it (and dramatic weather makes for great images!)

John and Jen did an amazing job with all the little details! They do a lot of traveling together so their favors were these great red luggage tags that also acted as their place cards. Great white paper lanterns hung from the ceiling and the tables were covered in a fabulous deep vibrant orange, and the grounds were just covered in blooming flowers and vines. I just couldn't get enough! :)


This is one of my favorite ring setups from this year. I like both of them, so I just couldn't choose which one to post! So... here's the wide and close up versions. ;)

I had amazing time getting to know you and your families! (I love running into your mom at lunch and the bank! haha) Thank you again, for asking me and Darrell to be there with you.

1 comment:

Ross said...

Yeah for me!!! Now I have my blog fix. Great shots you got there Erin.