Sunday, August 8, 2010

Heather & Ken- Boettcher Mansion- July 3rd Wedding

I am a complete failure at blogging, but I am determined to blog all my weddings! And honestly I have been so excited to share the images from Ken & Heather's wedding! D and I have had such a fantastic time getting to know these two and their wonderful family and I don't know if we've ever laughed with a couple as much as we did with Heather & Ken.

There day started out like most weddings. Everyone was getting all spiffed up, lookin sharp, and then it was time to start! Heather & Ken walked down the aisle together with Ken's son, Braedon & daughter, Sabrina, to meet their guests at the gazebo at Boettcher Mansion.

I love this image I caught of Sabrina. This was at the mention of "lots of love" during the ceremony and she made this "Ewww" face. haha
The ceremony was so cute and intimate with their close friends & family gathered around the inside & outside of the gazebo.
Everyone was, of course, watching Heather & Ken, but this little one just wanted to watch D as he was taking pictures. Isn't she adorable?
Ken's mom was so cute, I think she tried to always look like she wasn't crying when she saw me snapping pictures, but I'm sneaky. ;)
D took this shot of Ken & his daughter after the ceremony and I just love it. Ken's sister is in the upper right hand corner and she is just looking at the two of them so sweetly. There is just so much emotion in her expression.
We took a few minutes to ourselves after the ceremony to take a stroll around the mansion & the grounds. It was amazing that they were the only wedding at the mansion that day, so we had the whole place to ourselves! We had such a good time just walking around & enjoying a bit of quiet time with them. Heather & Ken have told me that this was their favorite part of the day. Taking a little time with just the two of them & allowing them to really take in the fact that they were now husband & wife.
Another great shot from D.
These two are just adorable. I mean absolutely, stinkin, seriously adorable. They are so in love with each other, that you can't help but get pulled into their unveiled joy.
At one point while we were in between shots, I looked up & caught Heather & Ken peeking down & admiring their new rings. I just love this series & I especially love the look in Heather's eyes in the second image as she looks at Ken. So much love there.
Doesn't Heather look amazing?! I love this shot! Oh, and so does Ken. hahah He was rendered completely speechless as it came up on the screen during their viewing party. ;)
Ken's a good looking guy himself!
Sabrina cracks me up. She is super sweet and quiet one second and the next? Well... you get the idea. hahaha.
Sabrina, again, being well... hilarious.
The kids were so excited to try the cake, that as soon as they had their first taste, the kids lined up to each get a bite right away.
We had a little rain during the reception, but the storm cleared away quickly in typical Colorado fashion. But as the sun went down, the light was amazing so I snagged the bride & groom away for just a few more pictures.It was an absolutely beautiful night so D & I went across the street to the lookout point when we were finished to enjoy the city lights & watch a few tiny fireworks shows off in the distance. Big huge congratulations to Heather & Ken! The 4 of us are going to have to get together again soon cause we have too much fun together! Thanks again for letting us be a part of your special day.

1 comment:

HProc said...

Erin and D, Wow. Thank you for this and for the more than 550 priceless images of our wonderful day. We cherish them. You captured everything so beautifully -- the smiles, the tears, the spirit, the love. You absolutely nailed it. We're so happy to have found you. But true love and a hilarious little girl aren't the only reasons these images turned out so great. They came out great because of you: your kindness, your enthusiasm, your artistry, and your natural way with people. You made the day so special and fun. We loved working with you. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Love, Heather and Ken