Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sharon & Lucas- 2nd shooting is fun!

I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to shoot alongside a fabulous Colorado photographer, Paige Elizabeth. Because of the way I got started in the business, I litteraly leaped into it all pretty much head first and never once did I get the chance to work under another photographer. I believe we all have many opportunities in our life and work to grow, and I saw working with Paige as one of those chances. She was nice enough to let me come along to this wonderful wedding and give me a chance to, for once, not be in the lead. And Sharon & Lucas have to be some of the cutest people I have ever met, and were also graceful enough to let me share in their amazing and special little event.

I can not even begin to tell you what a neat event this was. Held at Devil's Thumb Ranch, the two were married out on the lawn with the view of the continental divide all around them. The ceremony was actually held in the round, meaning eveyone faced one another in what seemed to be an all together intimate and personal expierience. People all around the group, shared, played music and read from all sorts of different pieces and it struck me as one of the most personalized and unique cermonies I have ever witnessed. If I was getting married all over again, I think I'd want to do it this way. :)
These are a few of my favorite shots but PLEASE head over to Paige's blog to see more images of the day and check out her amazing work. Thank you, thank you, thank you!- to Paige for letting me come along (she's crazy fun and I love her!:) ) and a big Thank You to Sharon & Lucas and their family for being so fun and wonderful as well.

2 comments:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

mmmmm....that sweet sweet flare!!

Kara K. Pearson said...

Isn't that place beautiful!? I shot there in May. Looked like a great day!