Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Jessica & Bernie- Engagement Photos

I got together with Jessica & Bernie in Denver to shoot their engagement session! They have always loved the style of the 40's and 50's so we had fun and played a little dress up! Jessica decided to go to Gunther Toody's- a themed diner in Denver- and we just had a blast. We ate lunch, they shared a milkshake and all of the other customers thought we were doing a shoot for their advertising or some magazine- so it was a lot of fun. The waiter even let us buy a cigarette for over Bernie's ear and the staff was all really wonderful in letting us shoot all over the place.Afterward we headed over to Clement Park and took a few more images there. It's goes without saying, but the skies were just amazing. I don't get a skyline like this in Glenwood because we are in the valley, so I just LOVED that I could place them up against the clouds like this. We weren't there long before the skies opened up.When it had just started to rain, I said, "Maybe we should head back towards the car..." Boy, it's a good thing we did! Just as we reached the car, it began to downpour. My car was back at Gunther Toody's and we ended up sitting in the car for about 15 mins waiting for the intense hail to stop! We thought it was going to break windows and cause dents, but we were lucky that nothing was damaged. I've never been in a car with hail like that, it was unbelievable!
And then, in true Colorado fashion, it was over just as fast as it had started. We might have taken more pictures if the temperature hadn't dropped 20 degrees and the ground was piled up with hail. Just crazy. But thank goodness for the storm, or we wouldn't have been able to get these shots! You may recognize Jessica from the shoot I did in Denver with all the other photographers awhile back, Jessica came out and modeled for us. These two make my job easy! ;) They are getting married at the beautiful Dreams Resort in Cancun in April! I am so happy for the two of you! Congratulations!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for photos and a blog entry. I am always looking for ways to procrastanate and stalk some blogs...bout time. Outstanding theme engagement session. LOVE, love the photos. Would love to do that with one of our couples. Got your message, and congrats on the news. I am out the door, will catch up soon.

Ross

Tiffany Izatt said...

wow, what a fun shoot. I love theme shoots, it looks fantastic they could be from the 50's

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

oh you guys just kicked me in the neck on these!! what a SMOKIN hot couple! love love LOVE their look and you rocked this session!!