Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ian & Amy's Wedding in Silverton, CO

At this point, I've been to quite a few weddings. I'm a huge sap, I love weddings and families and all the amazing energy and excitements that surrounds a couple on their big day. But... this one was very special for me.
Amy and I met while we were working together at the Glenwood Caverns. This was before the tram was built, before they had 100's of employees. This was back when this little business held it's staff meetings in the owners basement with their 2 boys and pizza and babysitting duty was often on our standard schedule! :) Ahh, those were the days. But Amy and I enjoyed our time together at the caverns and were excited to watch it grow.
Then enter Ian. I was a volunteer for our college orientation day at CMC and basically met him just moments after he set foot on campus. We became incredibly quick friends and soon after were just like brother and sister. I can't even tell you the number of times he fell asleep in my room watching movies or studying and once we decided it was time to get out of the dorms, it was an easy decision to be roomies!
Time came for the caverns to rally the town to show their support for the new tramway. Each employee was told to bring every warm body we could and come to the City Council meeting where the final vote would be made on whether or not the tram would be approved. I was planning to stand up and speak at the meeting and there was no way I was going alone! I drug Ian out of the house to go with me and I'm sure he was terribly excited to be spending his evening at, of all things, a City Council meeting! But when we went inside, we sat down next to Amy and well.... the rest is history! (Wait, I've actually told this story before! Oh well. :) )
These two mean the world to me and when Amy called and told me the news that Ian finally proposed (which I knew was coming) there was definitely some squealing involved. I was so excited to be asked to shoot their wedding and honestly, I've never been closer to my subjects!
The editing process for their weekend of events has been one of the hardest I've ever had to do. They have WAY too many pictures because I know them and their family and the whole thing was just so personal and fun. Not to mention the fact that they had a spectacular wedding at the Eureka Lodge, which is owned by Amy's parents. I know I've mentioned the lodge before when we went there for New Year's Eve this year, but this was our first trip there in the summer. Just incredible. With snow still gracing the tops of the mountains (and even next to the lodge in some places) this was the quintessential Colorado wedding. These are just a few of my favorite images, with too many to choose from.
To Ian & Amy: D and I are just so excited for you. We wish you many many years of happiness and love and I can't wait for our hypothetical children to grow up together. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, it was the best day of my life and I am so glad you were there to share it with us and to capture all of our big and most importantly the little moments! You are an amazing photographer, but you already knew that. Thank you for giving Ian and I a lifetime gift of our memories.
Love Amy Moritz

Anonymous said...

I barely even know Ian and Amy, but the short time I have spent with them I love them already! Ian and Amy - here's to a beautiful new life together. I wish you all the happiness in the world.

What amazing pictures, I LOVE the group shot on the bridge.

Yay for love...and great photogs!!

xoxo!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

ho-lee view batman!!! wow gorgeous! every single image wow!