Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Introducing Daniel Edward Wray V, my nephew :)

So I never really introduced my new nephew! :) He was born in late August, and no matter how hard I tried to be there when he was born, this kid was determined to come at his own time. (aren't they all?! Geeze, don't they know we have jobs and schedules and stuff? Sheesh... ;) )
This is from the day we first met- his first of MANY portrait sessions to come...
In November, my brother's little family came up to my studio in Evergreen to check it out. With all the crazy baby business, they hadn't had a chance to make the drive to come and see the new set-up. I didn't have my shooting area complete, but we set up a couple lights and shot a few images in the area that I now use for natural light shooting space. This is my brother Dan (Dan IV- of course), his wife Laura, her son Craig (who's now 15), and their new addition, little Danny (3 months in these shots).
I have to admit, that seeing my big brother as a new daddy is super cute.
Then of course we have some Christmas photos! This little guy has been the source of some serious family entertainment. I mean, how could you not giggle at this face in a santa hat?!

Obviously I didn't take this one, my dad did, but I figured that I should include at least one of me in there.
Over the holidays, Danny got to also meet his great grandma from Ohio! It was soo nice to have her out for the holidays. Both my parents are from Ohio, and most of my family is there. I just hope that my kids will get to meet her someday, too. Now if I can just get some of my cousins and aunts and uncles to come out and visit, too, we'll be all set! (hint, hint... Katherine! ;) Sarah, Alexa, Megan!)
Then, about a month ago D and I went over to my brother's house for dinner. Of course, Aunt Erin just couldn't resist bringing the camera! :) Danny was just so smiley and happy, and we just had a grand ol' time! Oh, and this kiddo also had just discovered his tongue for this visit! We were all just sitting around watching him, and laughing hysterically pretty much the entire night. Check out these faces?! He's just full of 'em. There's about a million more, but I'll spare you. ;)
And then last, but not least we have this past weekend when we got together for Easter!
My cousin, John and his wife, Lorelei, and their 18mo old daughter, Elaine were also there. Elaine had brought with her a pair of adorable bunny ears. I tell you what... there's not much in this world more adorable than little kids in bunny ears!
Well that's all I've got for now. Since we're all updated on the nephew, from now on I can just add a couple images at a time. ;) Happy Easter!

4 comments:

m@revertphoto said...

That first photo in the basket is so cute. I love it!

paige elizabeth said...

Welcome back to your blog! He's adorable!

Michelle said...

Yeah! You blogged!!!!! He's a little cutey- love the tongue sticking out picture:-)

Megan Wray said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.