Thursday, April 30, 2009

Jessica & Bernie are married! Beautiful Cancun, Mexico

The whole week has been a complete whirlwind since we returned from Cancun! I'm still trying to catch up on emails, phone calls, orders, laundry... :)

The wedding was fantastic. We arrived on Wednesday to the Dreams Resort in Cancun, Mexico after a long day of traveling. D and I dropped of our stuff at our room and almost instantly ran into Cathy & George (mom and dad of the bride) and the wedding party! It was great to see them! Some of you might remember Jessica & Bernie from the past post of their engagement session at Gunther Toodys. We spent a little time checking out the resort and went to eat dinner. After a margarita, some amazing food in our stomachs, and all that traveling since 3 am, we were pretty tired. Since it was only 7:30 or so, we decided we'd go up to our room and rest for a little while. Well, when we woke up at 11 o'clock that night, we figured we were a little more tired than we thought!! We just crashed and went to bed! What party people! :)

Thursday we spent some time out on the beach, scoped out the rest of the resort and where the wedding would be taking place the next day, and then it was off the the rehearsal! At dinner we got to know more of the family and friends and had a wonderful time. And then of course, Friday... Wedding Day!

I'm finally starting to get a chance to go through some of the images from the wedding day! This will probably end up involving a few posts so I can talk more about our trip, but these are just a few of the many, many images from the wedding. I've only grabbed a few random ones so far, but this will hopefully give you a taste!

Here's the bride getting ready before the ceremony.




The beautiful ceremony location at Dreams Cancun. Do you see all the birds riding the wind above them?! It was crazy how many there were!













I managed to not cry all day until George started dancing with his daughter. I've actually known this family since Elementary School, and we grew up not even a block from each other, but seeing this firefighter with his youngest daughter?... It just completely did me in.



This is Angelina and Stefanie, Jessica's two older sisters. Don't they all look so much alike?



Angelina and I are the same age. We met her first day at a new school in 3rd Grade! :) I knew Jessica for a long time as the little sister that we used to not let play with us (since that's what older sisters do, right?) and their mom, Cathy, as the one that always let me sit in her warm car to wait for the bus (since I walked to the bus stop.) I lost touch with the girls once Ang and I graduated High School. Then about 3.5 years ago we ran into each other at a wedding of other old friends from High School that I was photographing (one of my very first weddings... just days before I bought the studio) Through the power of myspace and facebook we have reconnected and tried to stay in touch. I was really excited when I started to talk to Jessica about her wedding and I'm so glad they asked D and I to be a part of it with them.

To Jessica & Bernie: I wish you many many years of happiness and love. Take care of each other... ;)

2 comments:

Dusty said...

I'm so proud of you- you BLOGGED!!! Awesome pics by the way- love the ones of just the bride especially.

shawnreeder said...

Gorgeous images Erin!!!