Sunday, July 29, 2007

The infamous 7-7-07 Wedding Date

***UPDATE*** The images from Sarah & Quinn's Wedding are finally complete. Click HERE to view their slideshow or HERE to go to their full image gallery.

Without even realizing it, Sarah & Quinn picked a very popular date to get married. It's looking like it may be one of, if not the biggest wedding date we know of. Stories even filled the evening news of nuptials taking place all over the country and some venues even reported couples tying the knot at midnight Friday night because the actual day Saturday was already booked! I'm not quite sure I understand the appeal of the day itself, but Sarah told me they didn't even realize the numbered coincidence until they had already picked the July date.None the less it felt like any other wedding. A wonderful couple with an amazing and fun family extremely excited to share in the celebration of the bride and groom. The rain teased us a couple times that day, as I know it did in many places all over the state, but managed to hold off for the ceremony. Now once the ceremony was finished, that is a completely different story! I haven't seen rain like that in ages! The sky just let go and at times, I couldn't even hear the band playing next to us over the roar of the rain pounding on the top of the canopy tent. We managed to squeeze in the group shots during a break in the weather, but the rain cooled things down to a wonderful temperature. It was the first wedding of the summer that I got out my jacket!
I wanted to say congratulations to Sarah & Quinn! I haven't known you for long, but it has been a pleasure getting to know you, your friends, and family. Thank you so much for allowing me to capture your day. We are working on the images and should be finished in the next couple of weeks!

1 comment:

smcmahon said...

Erin,
Thank you so much for sharing these with us! You are amazing, and already I can tell that the photos will be above and beyond what we ever expected. They are gorgeous! Thank you for taking the time to give us a peek. It means a lot to me, and now I will leave you alone and let you do your work! Thanks again for sharing our day and working so hard to capture the emotion and beauty. Sarah and Quinn