Monday, May 26, 2008

We met Elvis! Las Vegas Photos #2

Our last night in vegas we decided to go out on the strip and play around! We got a group of photographers and friends together and went out to take some fun night photos. Ross and Kammi are photographers from the Denver area. I met them back in October during a big get together of Colorado photographers. During that same get together I also met Kevin. Kevin also brought a photographer friend along, Nathan, who's from Estes Park and it was great to meet him as well! Well during the convention, a few of us Coloradoans got together and met for breakfast. After talking, a few of us thought it would be fun to go out and shoot together that night!
Let me tell ya, Kammi is such a rockstar- after 2 kids and 7 years she still fits into her wedding dress. I won't even go into that because I am sooo jealous. ;) We managed to get Ross into some nice clothes as well so we could take photos of the two of them together. Brynn got into her new dress from the Betty Page Store, Nikki and I grabbed our gear and we went out wandering to meet Kevin and Nathan! Yes, to answer your question, Kammi did actually climb up onto the side of the New York, New York to get this image. We figured a nice staff member of the hotel would be out in SECONDS to ask us to get down, but it wasn't the case! We were actually shooting there for quite some time! We had the biggest crowd gathered, too. I really should have turned around and taken a picture of the people watching us, but I was so worried about getting the shot before we were asked to stop! At one point, there was even someone with their video camera- filming away excitedly! So I guess we are now featured characters in someones vacation home movie!
Boy oh boy, did we get some funny looks! Actually Kammi couldn't stop laughing at all the congrats she was getting from random people passing by! She's been married for almost 7 years now- but what are you going to say to people?! "Thank you, but we didn't get married in Vegas, we just got dressed up to take photos for fun. See we're photographers and... " you get the picture. ;) So she just left it at "THANKS!" and we'd all giggle. :)
While out that evening we ran into the king! Elvis is still alive and well in Vegas! Now we all assume this, but I can actually say that all the times I've been to Vegas, I actually have not seen one Elvis impersonator! I know- that's just wrong! This guy was definitely a hoot, that's for sure. And we got him to take a couple quick shots with Brynn before he moved on. Thank ya very much..... ;)

Kammi's shoes got a little, well..... disgusting. :) This is why you should never walk around Vegas barefoot! YUCK! hahaha!
Even in the elevator going back to the room, I thought Kammi was adorable. :) I really love the little group of Colorado photographers I have grown to know. Fun times indeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome shots Erin, love them. We had a fabulous time with you guys. Thanks for sharing the photos. It's amazing that my wife can still fit into the wedding dress after two kids. I know I couldn't fit into the same suit when we got married, plus I lost all my hair. What drastic changes for me in 7 years.. Hit us up for diner when you come into town.

Anonymous said...

OK - I am a bit behind in my blog stocking... I LOVE these photos. You got some great ones. My shoe shot is hilarious, redefining quicky mart feet. Bryn is looking hot!! Tell her hello! Let us know the next time you are down the mtn. Thanks so much for hanging out with us - we have a blast with you (and Brynn!).