Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Another Weekend Wedding In Redstone, CO- Mike & Kristi

I was so excited for Mike & Kristi's wedding! I've known these guys for a few years now, but we've never really spent any time together other than Kristi & I chatting in the bleachers. You see, Mike and my husband Darrell have played in the same basketball league for about, well, since D moved here almost 9 years ago. They have always been on opposing teams and I can't even remember anymore how many times they have played each other for the championship. (oh and Mike's team ALWAYS wins the championship.... always ;) ) So the girls always sit in the stands, encourage quietly, and dread those long, silent car rides home if one of our boys looses a game. Other than running into Mike at chamber events or the grocery store- we are basketball friends. :)
I was really excited when Mike & Kristi approached me about shooting their wedding. Not only are they adorable, but as I got to spend more time with them- they are just so great together and just a ton of fun. You may remember their engagement session post from back in March. After that, I knew they'd be up for anything!
Anyway, their wedding at the Redstone Inn turned out wonderfully! The weather was beautiful, the crowd was fun- and so very excited for them, and I even knew a few of the guests at this one! Although I have to admit, I have never seen some of them outside of their basketball shorts and torn t-shirts. Who knew?! These boys actually clean up very nicely! ;) Even though Sean was still in his Jordan gear- not surprising... ;) Gotta love him. I just want to say congratulations to you both. I hope your lives are filled with lots of love, laughter, and joy together. It was a complete honor to be able to share such a special day with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW....those pictures are amazing!!
I'm speachless!! I can't wait to see the rest ;) Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!